OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES and REGULATIONS
FIRKIN PUBS 2019 PLAYOFFS GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. SPONSOR: Firkin Pubs 2019 Playoffs Giveaway (the “Promotion” or “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Molson Coors Brewing Company of Montréal, Québec, Canada (the “Sponsor”). All twenty three (23) Ontario Firkin Pubs locations will be participating in the local Promotion. The Sweepstakes will begin on April 10, 2019 at 9:00AM EST and will end on the final game of the Leafs and Raptors post season (the “Promotion Period”), after which time the Sweepstakes will be closed, no further entries shall be accepted and no further tickets will be available to win. One (1) Winner will be randomly selected for each round of Toronto’s local Basketball and Hockey playoffs games during the Promotion Period; game date(s) and time(s) TBD. One entry per Instagram post per day.
2. ELIGIBILITY – VOID WHERE PROHIBITED: To be eligible, entrants must be: (i) a resident of Ontario; and (ii) 19 years of age or older as of the start of the Promotion period. Winner(s) must present valid Ontario ID to be eligible to win. Entrants are not eligible, if they are: (i) an employee, franchisee, owner, operator, representative or agent of Molson Coors Brewing Company (the “Sponsor”), The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership and Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. and their affiliates (collectively, “MLSE” or “Prize Supplier”), The Toronto Raptors, The National Basketball Association and it’s Member Teams (“NBA”), NBA Media Ventures, LLC, NBA Properties, Inc. (together, the “NBA Parties”), or any of their respective affiliates and/or related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, contest judging organization, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; (ii) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company, a participating licensed establishment or any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; (iii) anyone involved in the development and/or administration of the Promotion; or (iv) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and/or spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
3. HOW TO ENTER – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: All entries must be submitted and received at least 8 hours prior to each of Toronto’s local Basketball and Hockey playoffs games by 11:59PM EST; game date(s) and time(s) TBD (the “Entry Deadline”).
To enter the Sweepstakes on Instagram: entrants must go to any Firkin Group of Pubs Canada Location in Ontario, snap a selfie of their “Game Face”, post the photo with the hashtag #FirkinGameFace, follow and tag @FirkinPubs in the photo for a chance to win (the “Promotion Entry”) during the Promotion Period. Regular data charges may apply. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. All entries must be submitted by each of the Entry Deadlines mentioned above; date(s) and time(s) TBD based on playoff games. The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada and Molson Coors Brewing Company have no duty or obligation to entrants who enter the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per Instagram post per day.
If it is discovered that any person has attempted to obtain more entries by use (or attempt to use) multiple names and/or identities to enter the Sweepstakes; then they may be disqualified from the Promotion and all of their entries voided. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada reserves the right to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Promotion. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
4. WINNER & PRIZES: All entrants who meet the eligibility requirement(s) will be entered for a chance to win. One (1) Winner will be randomly selected for each round of Toronto’s local Basketball and Hockey playoffs games during the Promotion Period; game date(s) and time(s) TBD.
Each Winner will receive two (2) tickets (mobile or traditional hard copy) for a Toronto Raptors or Toronto Maple Leafs playoff game, date(s) and time(s) TBD (the “Prize”). Approximate retail value – $400.
Winner(s) and their respective guest shall be responsible for any costs or expenses associated with the Prize not outlined as included above, including but not limited to: any transportation, taxes, travel and/or medical insurance, drinks, meals, gratuities and all incidental and/or personal expenses. Winner(s) are not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual and stated value, if any.
Prize(s) are not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at the Sponsor’s or The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada’s sole discretion. The Sponsor and The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of equivalent monetary value if a Prize or any part of a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, event cancellations, or any thereof or other factors beyond the Sponsor’s or The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada’s reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, a winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. Prize(s) will only be released to the verified winner. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate eligible winner. If no participants are eligible, no Prize(s) will be awarded.
5. DRAWING: Will take place the day prior to each of the playoff game days that tickets are being awarded; date(s) and time(s) TBD. A random draw will be conducted from among all eligible entries received. The Sponsor, The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada or it’s designated agents will attempt to notify the selected Winner via the information provided at the Promotion Entry.
To be declared a Winner of the Prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within eight (8) hours of the first attempted notification; (ii) fails to correctly answer, or incorrectly answers, the skill-testing question; (iii) fails to execute and return to the Sponsor, The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada or it’s designated agents any required Declaration and Release of Liability forms for the selected entrant and their guest within the time period indicated on such forms (as applicable); and/or (iv) cannot accept the applicable Prize as awarded for any reason whatsoever; then the applicable Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor, The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada or it’s designated agents have the right but not the obligation, in their sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible entrant. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
The Winner’s name and/or photo/image may be posted on social media. The Winner agrees to the use of their name and photo/image in any publicity material. Each entry is valid for the Promotion Period. Entries are unlimited during the Promotion Period, given entrants meet the eligibility and entry requirement(s).
6. RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner of a Prize, a selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance and a Release of Liability form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Sweepstakes Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, the NBA Entities, the NHL Entities, The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada, and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Promotion, their participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, address, voice, statements about the Promotion and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor or The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Promotion. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time indicated in the documents or the applicable Prize will be forfeited. Winner’s guest(s) must also sign and return a Declaration and Release of Liability form prior to travel and/or participating in the Prize. The name of guest(s) cannot be changed once the Declaration and Release of Liability form has been received by the Sponsor, The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada or its agent.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth elsewhere in these Official Sweepstakes Rules and/or the Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: i) any incomplete or inaccurate information, which may occur in the capturing and/or processing of entries; ii) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; iii) any failure of any entry to be captured or recorded for any reason; iv) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Promotion, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Sweepstakes Rules, the selection and/or announcement of eligible winner(s), and/or the distribution of any Prize(s); and/or v) any combination of the above.
8. PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Promotion, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Promotion, including, but not limited to, for receiving one or more messages, whether electronic or not, from the Sponsor, The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada or its designated representative, which may provide entrants with information regarding the Promotion or otherwise further the administration of the Promotion. The entrant will be deemed to have solicited these messages from the Sponsor or The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada by virtue of entering the Promotion. By accepting the Prize, the Winner consents to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their name, address (city, province/territory), voice, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Promotion in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor, The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
9. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: The Sponsor and The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada reserves the right to terminate, amend or suspend this Promotion, in whole or in part, at any time if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
10. MISCELLANEOUS: Entrants who have not complied with these Official Sweepstakes Rules are subject to disqualification from this Promotion and any future Promotion or other Promotion conducted by the Sponsor or The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada. All decisions of the Sponsor, The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada, or any contest judging organization designated by the Sponsor or The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Promotion and by entering this Promtion, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules. The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected or late entries, all of which will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (or any other entrant(s) as deemed necessary by the Sponsor and The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada). Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
The Sponsor and The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada reserve the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Promotion and any future Promotion or other Promotion conducted by the Sponsor or The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada, any individual that it finds or believes to be not in compliance with these Official Sweepstakes Rules; to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, Promotion Website or Promotion Social Media Channel(s); or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR AND THE FIRKIN GROUP OF PUBS CANADA RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Sponsor and The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada reserve the right and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Sweepstakes Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Sweepstakes Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor or The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada affects the proper administration of the Promotion as contemplated in these Official Sweepstakes Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Sweepstakes Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Official Sweepstakes Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
10. LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Promotion in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regards to any matter relating to this Promotion.
11. SOCIAL MEDIA: The Sweepstakes are merely being advertised through the Sponsor’s and The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada’s Social Media pages. The Sweepstakes are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other Social Media Page. You are providing your information to The Firkin Group of Pubs Canada and not to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other Social Media Page. The information you provide will only be used for the Promotion and authorized promotional purposes, as outlined in these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
12. PRIZE SUPPLIER: Entrants in this Contest acknowledge that MLSE’s only involvement with this Contest is as a Prize supplier,
and by entering, release the MLSE from any and all liability with respect to the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, the delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, use and/or misuse of Prize(s) or parts of any Prize. The information you provide will only be used by Sponsor for the purposes of the administration and fulfilment of this Contest.